I once saw a book titled "Red Hot Monogamy." Did not read the book, but the title is super catchy. Obviously. In keeping with the spirit of this upcoming holiday, I thought I would write a bit about my marriage relationship. I love Valentine's Day. I told Ed that all I wanted was to spend Friday alone with him. I think he is excited about it. We have been married for 18 years. Like any marriage we have had our ups and downs. I am grateful to God today that we have always managed to pull ourselves back up, make-up and go on. The making up is the best part...right? I thought I would share today some of the things I have prayed for in our marriage over these last 18 years. I am so thankful I have asked these things of the Lord, because He has so graciously granted them to us. These things are on my daily prayer list, so I ask them of the Lord often.
- Lord, bless us. Expand our borders of influence and keep us from evil. (Jabez's Prayer)
- Guard over our hearts and minds. Let us be innocent in what is evil and wise in what is good. Romans 16:19
- Let our eyes be captivated only by one another. Hem us in. Our marriage belongs to you.
- Let our passions grow deeper, wider and higher with each day we are blessed with. (God is faithful, need I say more)
- Let us see one another only as you see us. With eyes of mercy and compassion.
- Help us to love each other with and inexhaustive, unconditional love.
Ladies, pray for your marriage. Prayer is our one secret weapon. The God of heaven will hear your prayer. He will hear your cry for help. Satan is out to kill, steal and destroy. And he is attacking marriages big time. We have to fight for what we want. Are you fighting for your man? If you are truly struggling in your marriage and would like me to pray with you, I will. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. May God bless you, your marriage and your family today.